Northstar Travel Group is seeking a strategic and forward-thinking Group Director, Digital Marketing for our brands within the meetings industry. This role will manage all audience-centric marketing for our Meetings Group, with the objective of supporting and growing audience development and engagement, leveraging content for maximum discoverability to the largest possible audience of meetings and event services buyers, and engaging them to capture comprehensive data on their current and future business needs. The Group Director will position Northstar’s content to support discoverability and engagement across all of its platforms (digital, data, events, print), growing the quality and quantity of its audience database.
Ideal candidates will have solid experience in digital marketing, SEO, and performance metrics. He/she will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will have a creative, strategic approach. While this role is heavily strategic, he/she will also have a hands-on role to execute the vision.
This position is based in our office in Secaucus, NJ.
- Directs and manages all audience development and marketing
- Hires and manages a team members responsible for content design, tools development and content distribution/performance analytics
- Facilitates business unit growth, as defined by growth in audience (quality and quantity of audience) on the buy side of the meetings industry, with the goal to increase the number of planners and events rights owners served and the amount of business Northstar facilitates for them.
- Supports customer analytics, providing audience development reporting specific to client projects
- Leverages analytics and uses a data-driven approach to identify trends in the business and sports events marketplace
- Develops planner tools to drive user engagement, site stickiness, and data submissions, including but not limited to business event venue tools, RFP tools, directories, and benchmarking tools
- Applies best practices for visualizing and promoting web content, email, social media, etc.
- Trains and supports rest of team in best practice visualization, promotion, categorization, and tagging
- Provides all content staff and key managers with clear, actionable user engagement scoreboards
- Tracks real-time user time-spent with posts; assure most engaging items are optimized with related links
- Grows social channel user acquisition - promoting highest-value posts, pages and sponsored content
- Defines and executes best practice promotional tactics and content enhancement projects to increase audience exposure to and engagement with digital offerings
- Analyzes user behavioral data to identify and understand when and how digital offerings are being accessed and used – informing approaches to maximize use
- Partners with existing tool owners (etouches, facilities search, for example) to identify and execute tool enhancement and data upgrade projects to maximize user engagement and satisfaction
- Manages content designer, tools developer and content analyst/content distributor to deploy website and newsletter promotions enticing users to engage with digital offerings
- Works with technology to define requirements for development projects to upgrade digital offering based on needs identified from user data
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-8 years of experience in content marketing, SEO, email, social media, to support database growth
- Experiencing establishing and evaluating performance metrics
- Experience working with CDP and marketing automation technology
- Familiarity with basic web development (HTML, WordPress, Content Management Systems, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through complexity
- Strategic thinking proficiency with balanced analytical and creative approach to tactical planning
- Experience successfully working together with colleagues from different disciplines, internal and external to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable associating in professional social settings
- Related previous travel/ hospitality marketing experience a plus
- BA/BS degree
Please send your cover letter with compensation requirements and your resume to NTMResumes@ntmllc.com. We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.