Northstar Travel Group is seeking a detail-oriented, highly professional candidate to fill the Accounts Receivable Collections position located in our Secaucus, NJ office. This position requires attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as well as great organizational skills. Prior credit, collection and cash application experience is required. This position is to engage, manage and work to directly improve the activities of the credit and collections department of the organization. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following areas:
· Responsible for monitoring all accounts receivable balances for the Company.
· Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
· Resolve client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
· Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
· Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
· Providing customer service regarding collection issues, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
· Ensure all customer contact information is correct, including main contact name, phone numbers and addresses.
· Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
· Identify problem accounts and provide regular updates to AR Manager and Global Controller/CFO.
· Ability to prioritize and make decisions effectively and professionally.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years in a high volume faced paced corporate credit & collections role.
· Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field.
· Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to thrive under pressure.
· Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, proactive, & motivated. The incumbent must be multi-task oriented, organized, set priorities and meet deadlines and take pride in one’s work.
· Requires excellent written, verbal and reading communication skills.
· Stronger communication, interpersonal & leadership skills.
· Commitment to excellent customer service. This position requires the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
· Media company experience, strongly preferred.
· Experience with NetSuite or another similar ERP system, required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
· Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships.
· Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Please send your cover letter with compensation requirements and your resume to FinanceResumes@ntmllc.com.
Northstar offers a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer